Watercolor Cactus

If  you look at my recent posts, you may notice that I am really into the new Flowering Desert stamp set.  Today's idea is a little different.  I went with water color using an aqua painter and ink pads.



I love the water color effect.  It's soft and has beautiful color variations.  I achieved this look very easily with just a few steps.



I stamped the cactus with Lemon Lime Twist on water color paper.  Using the aqua painter, I went over the original image to get the initial water color look.  Then with Granny Apple Green I added in more color gradually shading from the left to right.  In areas that I wanted a darker bit of color, I waited until the area was dry then layered on more.



Once I had the color the way I wanted it, I used my Light Shaded Spruce Stampin' Blend marker and added detail.



I added in a pop of color with Lovely Lipstick flowers on the cactus and a smaller plant in Shaded Spruce.  Last detail of the watercolor is a bit of sand using Soft Suede.  I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to use this card for, so the sentiment leaves it open for many things.  I used "Just a note..." from Home to Roost which you can get for FREE with a $50 product purchase!



Have you tried water color??  Give it a try if you haven't!  It makes you feel like you are creating a painting!  I hope you are feeling inspired to try it out!  I have more ideas for Flowering Desert HERE and HERE to check out.  To shop for new spring products and earn FREE items, click on the shop link below.


CLICK HERE to SHOP anytime and earn FREE STAMPS


SHOP the CLEARANCE RACK


CLICK HERE to shop TUTORIALS FOR SALE


Subscribe to My Paper Pumpkin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's get ready for Halloween!

A Shaker Card and BLOG CANDY!!!

Preview Week Day 6 and BLOG CANDY!!