Bold Butterfly

Welcome to another Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop!  This week we our theme is FLY AWAY, so we are featuring cards with birds and butterflies.

SpringBlogHopBadge

I incorporated new and old in my card that features a beautiful BUTTERFLY.


watercolor wings becreativewithnicole


I found a fun new color combination using the new In Color DAPPER DENIM with WATERMELON WONDER.  As you can see I also added in a bit of bling by using Silver Glimmer paper for the swirls.  I can tell you right now that the new SWIRLY BIRD BUNDLE is a MUST HAVE!!! This swirly die cut is TOO.MUCH.FUN.


Watercolor Wings


The Dapper Denim background is sponged on with areas darker and lighter for a unique look.  The silver swirl and sequins are gorgeous with these bold colors.


The sentiment in black and white pops against all the colors and gives a bold look.  I used words from the May My Paper Pumpkin kit.  This one had lots of useful sentiments that are perfect for cutting out like this.


Watercolor Wings inside


I also embellished the inside of the card.  I used a piece of the polka dot background along the bottom.  It was an extra scrap that was put to good use!  The butterflies are stamped off to be lighter so the sentiment in Dapper Denim really stands out.


Now, let’s get to the good stuff, the supply list!

SUPPLIES:

STAMPS:   Watercolor Wings, May My Paper Pumpkin stamps

INKS: Versa Mark, Dapper Denim, Watermelon Wonder

PAPER: Whisper White, Dapper Denim, Watermelon Wonder, Basic Black, Silver Glimmer


ACCESSORIES:  Swirly Scribbles Thinlits, Polka Dot Decorative Mask, Silver Sequins,White embossing powder, heat tool, embossing buddy, Paper Snips, Stampin’ Trimmer, bone folder, dimensionals, Fine Tip Glue Pen

Next, let’s check out what the rest of the Design Team has for us today. Click Previous to visit the very talented Mary Brown and Next to see the very talented Debbie Henderson.



Thanks for hopping with us, we love inspiring you!  Happy Stamping!



Comments

  1. Nicole, the more I look at this, the more I love it. What a fantastic job! I guess I will have to get the Swirly Bird set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So different gorgeous design. Also Nicile I have tried several times trying to follow on the blog hop but the link on your page wont allow me to go forward or back ????? Is anyone else having this problem ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the compliment on my card Danielle! I'm nit sure why your links aren't working...I doubled checked and I can follow the blogs when I click on the boxes. Here are the direct links for you both to the blog before me and after. Thank you so much for hopping along with us!!
    http://debbiesdesignsblog.blogspot.com/2016/05/flyaway.html
    https://stampercamper.com/2016/05/28/painters-palette/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Pat!!!! Yes, you do need the Swirly Bird Bundle.....you will so love it!! And I love that I inspired you, I must be doing something right...lol!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let's get ready for Halloween!

A Shaker Card and BLOG CANDY!!!

Preview Week Day 6 and BLOG CANDY!!