Man Up

Welcome to another Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop!  This week our theme is MAN UP so we are featuring MASCULINE cards!

SpringBlogHopBadge

Masculine cards are usually harder than flowery, girly cards.  So, I did spend a little extra time pondering today's card.  I had zero, yes I said ZERO ideas.  It happens to all of us at some point.  What do you do when you need a little spark of creativity??  I usually look to the catalog to re-visit the stamps and ideas that made me love them to begin with.  For today's card, the spark I needed came from looking through the main catalog and seeing the sentiments in PERFECT PENNANTS.

Beautiful Ride becreativewithnicole.com

"Sending Good Thoughts Your Way" made me think of the car in Beautiful Ride.  What a perfect sentiment to put with a car!  Then, I decided to change it up a little and cut out the middle and replaced it with "love".

Beautiful Ride

An unusual aspect to this card is the designer paper.  This striped pattern, from the Have a Cuppa DSP Stack, was the source of my color pallet. Yep, a girly pack of paper had a pattern perfect for a masculine card, I guess you just never know!

Beautiful Ride becreativewithnicole

And since I couldn't add a bunch of bling with sequins (not very masculine!) I added vellum clouds for extra texture and interest.  Ok...ready for the supplies to make your own??

SUPPLIES:

STAMPS:  Beautiful Ride, Perfect Pennants


INKS: Memento Tuxedo Black, Real Red


MARKERS:  Pool Party, Versa Mark Pen with Smokey Slate

PAPER: Whisper White, Smokey Slate, Vellum Cardstock (clouds), Have a Cuppa DSP Stack, Pool Party (stack of suitcases)


ACCESSORIES: Tree Builder Punch, Paper Snips, Stampin' Trimmer, SNAIL, dimensionals


Next, let’s check out what the rest of the Design Team has for us today. Click Previous to visit the very talented Mary Brown and Next to see the very talented Debbie Henderson.



Thanks for hopping with us, we love inspiring you!  Happy Stamping!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let's get ready for Halloween!

A Shaker Card and BLOG CANDY!!!

Preview Week Day 6 and BLOG CANDY!!