Bring on the Bling!

Welcome to another Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop!  This week we are all about the BLING!



Honestly, I wasn't sure where to start!!  So, I sat down and do what I normally do when ideas are slim, I look through my designer paper and what I have on my desk.  This time around, the COTTAGE GREETINGS CARD KIT  stood out to me since it has sequins and silver in it.

Botanicals for you becreativewithnicole.com

This is an idea that struck me as I looked at the paper.  Do heat embossing directly on the paper with a big, bold sentiment.  And what could be better for big and bold than BOTANICALS FOR YOU.

Botanicals for you

Since the card has silver all over it, the sentiment needed to stand out.  So, in comes black embossing powder and a ginormous greeting.  I also thought doing a juxtaposition would be cool so that's how the black paper with silver embossing came about.

Botanicals for you becreativewithnicole

And of course since we are all about bling, I had to add lots of SEQUINS!  And with this card being from the COTTAGE GREETINGS CARD KIT, I needed the envelope that was included as this is a square card.  The silver liner was the final addition of bling.  And here's a little tip~~ cut down the liner since you can't see the bottom!  I cut off three inches from the bottom and tucked it away for another day!

Now for the good stuff...the supply list so you can make your own card!

SUPPLIES:

STAMPS: Botanicals for You

INKS:  Versamark

PAPER:  Cottage Greetings Card Kit, Basic Black

ACCESSORIES:  Black embossing powder, embossing buddy, heat tool, metallic sequins, sequins from Cottage Greetings Card Kit, Tombow multipurpose adhesive, SNAIL, paper snips,

The February Mini Session from Create with Connie and Mary is live!  Have you subscribed yet??  We have five AWESOME tutorials for you featuring sets from the Occasions Catalog.

CCMFebCollage

Sets featured in February are:

  • What I Love

  • Easter Lamb

  • Balloon Celebrations

  • Party Wishes

  • Playful Pals


If you haven't subscribed yet, be sure to check out the details at Create with Connie and Mary.  Did you purchase the 2-month VALENTINE BONUS SPECIAL in January??  If you did, the password was included in your Welcome Letter.

Now it’s time to check out what the rest of the Design Team has for us today, I know it will all be amazing!  Click Previous to visit the very talented Mary Brown and Next to see the very talented Debbie Henderson.



Thanks for hopping with us, we love inspiring you!  Happy Stamping!



Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let's get ready for Halloween!

A Shaker Card and BLOG CANDY!!!

Preview Week Day 6 and BLOG CANDY!!