Shimmer Bloom

I have found a new love with an old product......SHIMMERY WHITE PAPER!  The new BIRTHDAY BLOOMS + shimmer paper = MAGIC!

Birthday BLooms by becreativewithnicole.com

You can't tell it's shimmery paper right now, but trust me the close up will show you....

coral blossom becreativewithnicole

See that bit of shimmer??  That's the shimmery paper that I stamped my bloom on.  I used Archival Black ink then colored with markers.  And even with all the color, the shimmer shines through!  The paper has a smoother texture that lets the markers glide over the top....I just LOVE it!

But let's talk inspiration for a minute.  I got my layout idea from the sketch challenge at Try Stampin' -or not- on Tuesday.

Jan14

A nice simple layout that worked well with the BIRTHDAY BLOOM stamp set.


Birthday BLooms by becreativewithnicole.com


Now let's talk about the rest of the card, it's all very simple! I used Crumb Cake for my card base and added a layer of Calypso Coral.  That one simple coral layer really works well with the flower and creates a nice frame.  Did you notice the very light Sahara Sand that I added to the Whisper White layer?  I didn't want the white to be too white....you know what I mean??  Sometimes just a hint of color adds depth.  And of course the gorgeous greeting, stamped in Archival Black.  This stamp set is a no brainer for me between the gorgeous flowers and the oh so beautiful greetings!


So now it's your turn to do some stamping!!  Why not give this week's sketch a try!  You can find out more details at Try Stampin' -or not- on Tuesday.


1BLOG SIGGY


CLICK HERE to SHOP anytime and earn FREE STAMPS


SHOP the CLEARANCE RACK and WEEKLY DEALS


CLICK HERE to shop TUTORIALS FOR SALE


Subscribe to My Paper Pumpkin



Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's get ready for Halloween!

A Shaker Card and BLOG CANDY!!!

Preview Week Day 6 and BLOG CANDY!!