Soft Sky Woodlands

I keep finding myself coming back to the gorgeous WOODLAND EMBOSSING FOLDER for my fall cards. This time I went with a soft color using the brayer technique I shared with you.

Grateful for you by becreativewithnicole.com

Isn't this simple but gorgeous!  Soft Sky and Tip Top Taupe make a beautiful combination on this card.  Not your typical fall color combo, but I am loving it!

Grateful for you

I used the brayer to add Soft Sky ink to the embossing folder to make a lovely background for the trees.  I also added a little color to the cracks of the trees with a Sahara Sand marker.  I think that little extra step makes the trees look more realistic.  I did the same thing HERE with another brayered card.

Grateful for you top view by becreativewithnicole

Since I wanted the beauty of the background to shine, the sentiment is a simple one.  "Grateful for you" from MERRY EVERYTHING was stamped with Early Espresso on Tip Top Taupe and die cut with a CIRCLE FRAMELIT.  I added a few dimensionals to the back with a bit of GOLD CORDING TRIM before centering it on the card.  And as always, a few GOLD SEQUINS are my finishing touch.

I still need to tell you about the inspiration for today's card, the sketch challenge from Try Stampin' -or not- on Tuesday.

TSTsept29

I used a little liberty with the sketch and didn't go literal with the tails of the medal shape.  In place, I have the GOLD CORDING that swoops below the card in the same places.   You can join in the challenge too!  Just visit TST for more information and inspiration from the Design Team.

1BLOG SIGGY

CLICK HERE to SHOP anytime and earn FREE STAMPS!


SHOP the CLEARANCE RACK and WEEKLY DEALS


CLICK HERE to shop TUTORIALS FOR SALE


weekly deals sept29


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

  1. Very striking, Nicole....love your soft colors and your bold sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much LeAnne! I am loving these colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your take on the ribbon sketch, Nicole. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Barb!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let's get ready for Halloween!

A Shaker Card and BLOG CANDY!!!

Preview Week Day 6 and BLOG CANDY!!