Happy Poinsettia

I went outside the box again with REASON FOR THE SEASON and did a wedding card to show this set isn't just for Christmas!

Happy Poinsettia by becreativewithnicole.com

Isn't this pretty in pinks and coral!  I was inspired by the color challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

CCMC374

A floral card was the first thought I had when seeing these colors.  So I went back to REASON FOR THE SEASON to see how the colors worked on the poinsettia.

poinsettia

I ended up doing the outline of the flower in Watermelon Wonder and added color to the petals with Calypso Coral stamped off once.  Blushing Bride made a lovely background with the Watercolor Wash background stamp.

Reason for the Season by becreativewithnicole.com

Since we have Blushing Bride sequins, I had to add a few in plus a bit of gold thread.  I think they added the finishing touch the card needed.  As far as the greeting goes, I went with my favorite set for sentiments, COTTAGE GREETINGS in Watermelon Wonder.  I love the end result, a very pretty wedding card!  So now you have TWO card ideas from me to use REASON FOR THE SEASON for something other than Christmas!  If you don't remember the first, you can check it out HERE.

1BLOG SIGGY

CLICK HERE to SHOP anytime and earn FREE STAMPS!


SHOP the CLEARANCE RACK and WEEKLY DEALS


CLICK HERE to shop TUTORIALS FOR SALE



Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

  1. What a pretty card Nicole and you definitely managed to show the poinsettia set's versatility. I think this card ably demonstrates 'a poinsettia is for life, not just for Christmas!' Thanks for joining us over at Create With Connie and Mary this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Joanne! I think this is such a beautiful set, it would be a shame to use it only for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, lovin' the pink poinsettia! So pretty! So glad you joined us for the Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole, love your CAS card using this lovely poinsettia layered onto that wonderful wash background! So pretty AND great for non-holiday use as well!! Thanks for joining us again this week at CCMC!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see this card used for something besides Christmas! Love the background wash, too...looks better with a light color like this than when I tried it! lol! Thanks for playing along with the Create with Connie and Mary challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Connie! I am still trying to hold off on Christmas although its getting tough!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great way to use these colors! I love the soft background and the little details! Thank you for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my word...this is just absolutely DELIGHTFUL!!! LOVE the greeting and what a fun way to use that flowers! Thanks for joining us this week Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Mary! This was a fun color challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let's get ready for Halloween!

A Shaker Card and BLOG CANDY!!!

Preview Week Day 6 and BLOG CANDY!!