Festive Flower Punch

I love making the most of my stamps and punches, that includes using them for things other than their intention.  Today I am going to show you that the FESTIVE FLOWER PUNCH is for more than just poinsettias.

flower punch by becreativewithnicole.com

How about a sunflower style card!  I went with colors and a look that is perfect for the end of summer and early fall.  The flower is built with Hello Honey petals and Mossy Meadow leaves.  But the Early Espresso center is what really gives it the look of a sunflower.

Hello Honey Flower

The leaves are stamped with Mossy Meadow veins to help bring the flower to life.  And the petals have light sponging along the edges which gives them more depth.

Here's a video from Stampin' Up! showing how to assemble the flower.  I used the same amount of petals for my sunflower.

[embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTRP5cvrgrg[/embed]

The flower comes together quickly!  I found that giving too much dimension to the petals made it hard to glue them in place, so I tried to keep the gluing ends a little flatter.

Hello Honey flower by becreativewithnicole.com

Now that we've talked about the flower, what about the rest of the card?  The card base in Soft Suede has a layer of INTO THE WOODS Designer Paper  which I think makes a perfect background.  This wood grain design is my favorite paper in the set, I wish I had a whole pack of it alone!  With the flower taking up a great bit of the card, I kept the sentiment simple.  I looked to ENDLESS THANKS for the banner and "thanks".  And of course sequins were a must, a few in gold gave the finishing touch!

Reason for the Season Bundle

Give the REASON FOR THE SEASON BUNDLE a second look, you can use it in so many ways!  I have already done two cards with the stamp set to show alternate uses, you can find them HERE and HERE.

1BLOG SIGGY

CLICK HERE to SHOP anytime and earn FREE STAMPS!


SHOP the CLEARANCE RACK and WEEKLY DEALS


CLICK HERE to shop TUTORIALS FOR SALE



Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's get ready for Halloween!

A Shaker Card and BLOG CANDY!!!

Preview Week Day 6 and BLOG CANDY!!