Color Smash Masculine Card

I sat down and played a little with two techniques from last week, COLOR SMASH and COLOR RESIST.  I went with a masculine look and a simple design.

Color Smash Masculine Card

I must confess, the card I originally envisioned turned out terrible!  It happens all the time, a vision doesn't quite work in reality.  Well, that happened with this card!  I had planned on adding a butterfly over this background, but it was too busy and didn't look quite right.  So, I improvised and added a simple sentiment turning this into a fantastic masculine card!

Color Smash with Butterfly Basics

The background has leaves embossed from Butterfly Basics then color added with the COLOR SMASH technique.  I only used two colors for the color smash, Mint Macaron and Wild Wasabi.  I added in a bolder sentiment in Mossy Meadow so it would stand out from the background.

Color Smash by Be Creative with Nicole

Of course I had to add a leaf to the envelope, I love to coordinate!  I also added a nice sentiment inside with the hostess set Happy Birthday Everyone but forgot to take a pic...oops!  Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this masculine version and give these techniques a try!

CCM Mini Session

Also, today the NEW MINI SESSION from Create with Connie and Mary is available and I am so excited!  For only $8.95 you get 5 step by step tutorials, 3 card sets and two 3D items!  We even have a sneak peek snippet for you and the sets featured.  For all the details visit Create with Connie and Mary....I hope you'll join us!

becreativewithnicole.com

CLICK HERE to SHOP anytime and earn FREE STAMPS!



Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

  1. So pretty Nicole. I love both of the techniques and they are so awesome together. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Michelle! It was fun combining the two techniques!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let's get ready for Halloween!

A Shaker Card and BLOG CANDY!!!

Preview Week Day 6 and BLOG CANDY!!