Can't Resist Me!

Welcome to another Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop!  Bet you are wondering what's in store after seeing the unique title for today's post.  Well, how about a little COLOR RESIST technique?!

BLOG HOP BADGE MAIN

You should be arriving from Mary Brown’s fabulous blog, wasn’t her idea amazing!  If you are just starting out here, welcome and enjoy the ride!  Be sure to stop by all of the blogs to check out the cool cards we have for you today.

Our mission this week was to use color resist in some way and since I don't have the new Color Me Irresistible DSP,  I went with heat embossed color resist.

Best Thoughts by Be Creative with Nicole

Since watercolor has been something I worked with this week, I combined it with the resist technique and I love the results!

Color resist with Best Thoughts

Having the heat embossed image allowed me to freely add color with my Aqua Painter and ink.  I went right over the edges and added color outside the lines for a soft and pretty look.  There are several layers of color, especially on the flower petals.  I layered Soft Sky all over the card very lightly then went back in with deeper tones of Lost Lagoon and Night of Navy to bring the flower to life.  The stem was layered as well with Wild Wasabi since it coordinated so beautifully with the blues.

Best Thoughts with Color Resist Technique

The toughest part of this card was the sentiment!  I wanted it to be soft and blend in, so I ended up adding a sentiment from Cottage Greetings.   It was heat embossed on a strip of watercolor paper then Lost Lagoon ink was added to make the words visible.  I love how beautiful this card turned out and hope you are feeling inspired!

Now it's time to head over and see what Debbie Henderson has for us today, I know it will be amazing!

BLOG HOP BADGE2BLOG HOP BADGE1


Thanks for hopping with us today, we love inspiring you!  And speaking of inspiration, have you heard about the NEW Mini Session that will be starting tomorrow??  We are SO excited about this new format and hope you will  join us for only $8.95!  You can find all the details at Create with Connie and Mary.  Thanks for hopping by!  Happy Stamping!


BLOG HOP SIG


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let's get ready for Halloween!

A Shaker Card and BLOG CANDY!!!

Preview Week Day 6 and BLOG CANDY!!