Single Stair Step Card Tutorial

I have lots to share today, so let's get right to it!!  I had so much fun making the Single Stair Step card for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop that I decided to make another and show you how I did it!

becreativewithnicole.com

BUT WAIT...there's MORE!  I also love the new set WATERCOLOR WINGS so much that I made up 10 (yes 10!) color combinations to share with you.  So sit back and enjoy the show!  Be sure to PIN the butterfly pictures below so you have these great color combinations for inspiration!

 

[embed]http://youtu.be/qPtKc6rPuJs[/embed]

Single Stair Step Card Measurements


5 1/2" x 11" piece of cardstock

On the long sides, measure over 1" and cut from 1" to 6 1/2", do for both sides.

Score along long side at 1", 2" and 6 1/2" -- Only score to the cut line, do for both sides.

Score along long side at 5 1/2" IN BETWEEN the two cut marks to form the top of the stair. step.

Side panels added are 1" x 4 7/16"

Stair Step Card Measurements

Ok, time for lots of BUTTERFLIES!!


Butterfly Colors1

Butterfly Colors2

Butterfly Colors3

Butterfly Colors4

Butterfly Colors5

I hope you've enjoyed all the color combinations,  Watercolor Wings is such a must have set!  And the best part, you can get the bundle with the stamps and coordinating thinlets for a 15% savings!  So what are you waiting for.....get stamping!

Nicole


CLICK HERE to SHOP anytime and earn FREE STAMPS!


 Print Friendly and PDF


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

  1. Thank you so much Eileen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards! Thanks for the video and your color samples!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Carol! Glad you liked the video and butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the card & thanks for the video & template.
    Question, what size envelope will be needed?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty card. I have not liked most of the color combinations I've been seeing for this stamp set so didn't really want to get it, especially because it is made out of photopolymer, but you've opened up my mind to the possibilities when I saw it in the soft pink/brown and soft blue combinations. I rather like it only as a two step stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Kathy! There are so many colors options for the butterfly and having photopolymer makes it so easy to layer! I hope you give it a try:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As one who struggles with color combos, I really appreciate your charts. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your welcome! I am so glad the charts are helpful Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing all of this with us. I to have a hard time with color combos and this will really help. I was wondering if using glue dots for the flowers and the thread will hold if you don't have tombo glue? I am going to go to my room and play now. Thank you for sharing. Blessings to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much Tammy Jo, I am so glad the color combos are helpful! And yes, you can use glue dots for the thread and flowers....I just happen to like Tombow. Have fun stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will have to get me Tombow glue but I tend to make a mess when I use glue. :/ Thank you again for sharing this. I was just looking at your blog and oh boy I just love the cards you make. You are so talented. I am a hobby demonstrator and have no talents. I make cards for my family and friends. I have two ladies that buy our product from me and they have lots of talent. So I am so thankful for you and others who share. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tammy, I am so glad you are enjoying the cards. I am sure you have talent, you just need to develop it! Stick with the card making, just copy what you like and go from there. I get inspiration from everywhere including other people's card ideas. When I first started I was such a novice! It has taken awhile to develop my particular style and I know you will do the same! You'd laugh if you saw my first cards, you would not guess that they were mine! I don't know if I still have my first swap card, but if I can find it, I'll share it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Nicole for the encouraging words. I will keep at it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your welcome! Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card and great color combos. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let's get ready for Halloween!

A Shaker Card and BLOG CANDY!!!

Preview Week Day 6 and BLOG CANDY!!