How about a FUN stamping trick!

I'm slowly but surely making my way through new stamp sets, it's hard to put down favorites sometimes!  A WHOLE LOT OF LOVELY is a hostess set that caught my eye with it's beautiful bold sentiments.

Butterfly stamp

Combine this lovely sentiment with beautiful designer paper and you have one gorgeous card!  Wonder where the inspiration for this design came from??  Well, look no further than the fabulous sketch challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.

CCMC361

Sometimes I need a little nudge when using a new set, sketch challenges are the perfect solution!

Whole lot of Lovely up close

The sentiment in Pear Pizzaz ink and cardstock stands out beautifully from the English Garden Designer Paper.  These colors are so beautiful and soft, I just love this combination!  Now look at the background, it has something unique....can you spot it??

Make your own stamps!

Did you notice the butterflies??  If not, you'll notice them now!  A member of the Luv2Stamp group mentioned this idea on our Facebook group and I had to give it a try!  ( I couldn't find who it was...please comment if it's you so I can give you credit!)

Die cut your own stamps!

It's super easy, just cut a piece of fun foam with adhesive on the back for the size thinlet you are using.  I put 1 dryer sheet under the foam to help pull out all the small pieces from the butterfly.  Run it through and you've just made a stamp!  I put two layers of butterfly on a block, each cut individually to avoid flattening the fun foam too much.   Now you're ready to stamp!

Make your own stamps, it's easy! www.becreativewithnicole.com

I had so much fun with this new stamping trick!! I hope you'll give it a try and let me know how it goes!!

Whole lot of Lovely

 

becreativewithnicole.com

CLICK HERE to SHOP anytime and earn FREE STAMPS!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

  1. Love your card...delicate and pretty! My friend made me a set of butterflies out of the foam....have yet to try but she did when we were together on Sunday. The foam holds lots of ink....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Oh my goodness the first thing I noticed was your background and what a genius idea!! I will definitely be giving this a try. Your creation is beautiful as always Nicole! Thanks for playing along this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Bridgette! I love that you notice the background right away, it was so fun to create!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Carol! I love this idea, just another reason to love the Big Shot and thinlets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea Nicole! Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The card is BEAUTIFUL! Mercedes Weber showed how to make Butterfly stamps with Fun foam when the Butterflies thinlits came out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I'll have to check out her blog to see what she created, I know anything Mercedes does is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This really is a "Whole Lot of Lovely"!! The background paper you made is so pretty, and I can't wait to try the foam stamp trick. Beautiful job with the sentiment and dsp, too! Thank you for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Chris! Definitely give the fun foam stamp trick a try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! I love the foam stamp butterfly...such a CLEVER idea! And, I never even noticed that greeting in the catalog...now on my list of must haves! Wonderful job! Great job with the sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much Connie!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man! This is pretty! The foam stamp is SO genius! I love the color combination of this card too....so pleasing to the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your 'new' butterfly stamp - these are so fun to make aren't they? It makes a great background to emphasise your focal sentiment. Thanks for joining us over at Create with Connie and Mary this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much Joanne!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your butterfly stamp! HOW BRILLIANT!!! Now I MUST go and make one for myself! STUNNING card! Thanks for joining us this week Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much Mary!! you really do need to make one of these, so much FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super Cute Idea!
    Thanks, I am going to tech this at my stamp club. You are very creative ; -)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much Cindee!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much Michelle! It's such a fun technique!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let's get ready for Halloween!

A Shaker Card and BLOG CANDY!!!

Preview Week Day 6 and BLOG CANDY!!