All that Shimmers!

Welcome to another Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop!  We've got the coolest theme for you today, METALLICA!  Yep, I'm talking about GOLD AND SILVER!

BLOG HOP BADGE MAINYou should be arriving from Mary Brown's fabulous blog, wasn't her project amazing!  If you are just starting out here, welcome and enjoy the ride!  Be sure to stop by all of the blogs to check out all of the cool cards we have for you today.

I pondered my card for awhile, there were so many ways I could go with this theme!  Can you guess what I went with???

Cottage Garden by Nicole Tugrul

If you guessed SHAKER CARD then you know me well!!  I got the Cottage Greetings Card Kit last week from Connie and Mary when I helped at their LIVE event, wasn't that sweet of them!!  I had such a blast that day, I didn't want to go home!! Anyway, I knew I wanted to used this awesome kit for today's card and I wanted it to be my style.  What's more my style than a SHAKER CARD!!

Cottage Greetings Shaker

Most of my supplies for the card came from this kit.  That's what so cool about these kits, you have everything you need at your finger tips.  I cut a circle with framelits in the center of the floral wreath to start my shaker.  Small flowers in Blushing Bride shake about with silver sequins from the kit.  How did I get such a small flower??  Well, the TREE BUILDER punch was sitting on my desk and calling my name!  This punch is for so much more than you think!

Shaker Card with Cottage Greetings

Once the shaker was done, the last piece of the puzzle was the sentiment.  I wanted silver embossing but it just didn't look right with the Mint Macaron cardstock, it needed more depth.  To the rescue was a bit of Basic Gray cardstock that had great contrast and complimented the wreath.  Finally, a few extra sequins on the front gave the finished look I wanted.  I love this fun shaker and hope you love it too!

Now, let's go see what Debbie Henderson has created for us, I know it's going to be awesome!

BLOG HOP BADGE1Once aBLOG HOP BADGE2gain, thanks for hopping with us, I hope you enjoy all of our creations!  And I want to thank Connie and Mary again for the FABULOUS time I had at Create with Connie and Mary LIVE last week, you are the BEST!  It was so nice visiting and talking with all of the stampers at the event, thank you ladies for a wonderful day of stamping and good conversation....I loved meeting all of you!

If you'd like to create projects with ease and have everything thought out for you, how about giving our NEW MINI SESSION a try??  Yep, you heard me right, Create with Connie and Mary have an AWESOME Mini Session coming up July 26th and it's only $8.95 to join!  So what are you waiting for! Check out all the details and preview snippets at Create with Connie and Mary!!

Thanks for hopping by!  Happy Stamping!


BLOG HOP SIG


 

Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

  1. I just love your shaker cards! Such great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Libby!! I just can't get enough of shakers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card designs always amaze me and make me smile or giggle! You have done it again....LOVE your shaker cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Carol!! You know I love a good shaker and making you smile makes me very happy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let's get ready for Halloween!

A Shaker Card and BLOG CANDY!!!

Preview Week Day 6 and BLOG CANDY!!